Are you interested in learning Martial Arts?
There are numerous benefits, so why wait?
Here are some of the benefits of Starting Now with Modern Combat Martial Arts:
- Safe, Friendly Learning Environment
- No Contact Workshop Atmosphere (Sparring is at higher levels)
- Extremely Knowledgeable and Educated Martial Arts Instructors
- Develop Real Confidence, based on Real Knowledge and Repeatable Skills
- Learn to defend yourself – end the fight in seconds!
- Keep in Shape – sharpen your mind and body
- Take your learning into your own hands. With the Online Portal, you have access to ALL information, so study at your own pace!
Special Note: If you are a FOLLOWER of The MCMA blog, you will receive an additional 10% off your first Workshop in January – for a Whopping Total of 30% off your first lesson! Please Note – Offer is limited to the first 100 students, you must be able to travel to the Greater Toronto Area to train.
- How To Learn Martial Arts @ Home (moderncombatmartialarts.org)
- White Lotus System of Unarmed Combat / Reality Based Training (moderncombatmartialarts.org)
- White Lotus Combat System / Study # 4 Techniques (moderncombatmartialarts.org)
- White Lotus System of Unarmed Combat / White Lotus Studies (moderncombatmartialarts.org)
- White Lotus System of Unarmed Combat / Ranks (moderncombatmartialarts.org)
- White Lotus System of Unarmed Combat / The Notable Way to Success (moderncombatmartialarts.org)
- White Lotus Combat System / Do you have what it takes? (moderncombatmartialarts.org)
- White Lotus System of Unarmed Combat / Success & Failure (moderncombatmartialarts.org)
- White Lotus System of Unarmed Combat / Throwing Skills (moderncombatmartialarts.org)
- White Lotus Combat System / Study # 1 Biomechanical Positions (moderncombatmartialarts.org)
Did you know it’s possible to learn martial arts in the comfort of your own home? Did you know that you can achieve real skills this way? The default perception is that you need a classroom environment to learn martial arts, but in reality the best training can be done in the private setting of your own home. Through well structured and laid out lessons, you too can learn the basic positions, actions, and presentations (forms) of the White Lotus System.
The White Lotus System is an evolutionary step forward in combat. That’s a big claim, I realize. But let’s talk about an example – Energy Lake Kung Fu Studios, a widely successful Martial Arts System in the ’80’s, ran by Grand Master Brian K. Leishman. What do I mean by a step forward? Well, think of it this way… Classical Kung Fu forms plus sparing was what was essentially taught at Energy Lake Studios. The forms were based on Classical Moh Kempo Animal Styles, such as Dragon, Tiger, Snake, Panther, and Crane. Kempo katas and stick forms were taught along with self defence techniques and sparing to over 20,000 students across Canada.
The physical aspects, or the foundations of combat is what was essentially taught at Energy Lake Studios from what I understand. I was never actually taught at Energy Lake, as I now train the White Lotus method of fighting.
I have trained in other systems, such as my time spent in Tae Kwon Do. When I trained Tae Kwon Do, it was a fun and very physical experience. My instructor was Korean, and didn’t speak English very well, and thus not much communicating was done in comparison to my White Lotus experience. But he was very good at what he did, his form was excellent, and his kicks were very powerful. I recall he was even on television demonstrating his high-kicks by kicking an apple off a Katana sword, held by a man atop another man’s shoulders. I witnessed impressive physical talents at that Tae Kwon Do studio, to be sure.
In Tae Kwon Do… Katas were shown, moves were shown, and we were told to try to make it work in sparing. It was up to us to basically figure out how to fight at the end of the day. What I mean, is there was no real guidance regarding HOW to fight… we were merely given positions, punches and kicks. I mean the obvious thing is to go in there and hit the bad guy, but isn’t there anything else that could be understood about the fight? Well, that was up to us to find out. And from what I understand, many systems of martial arts out there are similar in this regard, not all mind you, but a large majority lack real methods for HOW to fight.
But where The White Lotus System of Unarmed Combat differs from the industry, is that it teaches you Martial Arts Techniques, Tactics, and Strategies. Entire volumes of study in psychological warfare are dispensed at White Lotus workshops, and what I’ve always found incredible is how easily these ideas can be integrated into any position, action or presentation (physical forms or events). In fact, White Lotus teaches far more than that, with 18 studies of content to learn, and skills to develop, there is a tremendous amount of information for those who are interested.
One of the ultimate ends of this system is to walk away with the skills to end an unarmed confrontation (fight), under random conditions, in 15 seconds or less… really we aim to do it in 5, but there are standards set for a reason. Can you imagine ending a fight that quickly? How about dealing with multiple opponents? Well with skills and concepts at your disposal, you can… it’s reality, I’ve seen it, and it can be repeated consistently. And again… you can learn a tremendous amount from the comfort of your own home! Check out the White Lotus System introduction to find out more.
Modern Combat Instructor,
A practitioner of the White Lotus System of Unarmed Combat, and also the founding Instructor for Modern Combat Martial Arts. Mr. Graham conducts private or group workshops, every Tuesday and Thursday in Toronto, Canada. Interested parties just need to click to Ying Yang symbol to get started.